Monday, June 30, 2014

Recipe: Date Coconut Energy Nuggets {vegan}

DSC03575
I wanted to call these Angel Poops, but I figured that wasn't the most appetizing name and voted against it. Do I regret it? Yes. Is that why I'm mentioning it now? ..mayyybeee

DSC03578 DSC03565
[ this is what I mean by "clumps together into a large ball" ]
DSC03573
I've seen a lot of recipes for date balls and the ones I've tried haven't really been my favorite. I love dates, don't get me wrong, but they can be a bit too sweet for my taste. Plus, the balls tend to be too mushy when there's too much date involved. So, I changed the nut-to-date ratio and made sure to use unsweetened coconut. I found this ratio to be perfect. They have just enough sweetness and yield a pleasant mix of textures...which means I don't have to feel like I'm eating paste. 

But seriously, these things are awesome. They're perfect for packing and just a great little bite for an on-the-go energy boost. These will definitely help me through my next hiking fiasco. 


  Follow From the Lion's Den on Twitter Follow on Bloglovin Follow From the Lion's Den on Pinterest Follow From the Lion's Den by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!

xo - Christine from The Lion's Den